Being a Chicago native, living far away is still tough. After hours (and hours, and hours) of Pinterest searching, I really wanted to create a “Home is Where the Heart is” piece of art to remind me of home & add some pizzazz to my office.
To create the above piece of art I followed these simple steps:
- Go to your local Michaels and pick out your favorite frame. I wanted a black one to match my office theme and one with a matte to add depth. I also picked out a few different colors of scrapbooking card stock that they sell in single pieces for $.10-$.99.
- I then Google Searched “Illinois State Outline” and came across a website where I printed a template of the state of Illinois
- I cut out the state and traced it onto the black card stock paper. I then cut the black card stock Illinois out.
- I center the black card stocked Illinois on the black & white paper and glued it down with a glue stick I had in my desk’s junk drawer.
- Finally, I free hand cut out a heart and glued it onto the state to represent Chicago.
Overall, it was a very simple project that took about an hour to complete, including the trip to my local Michaels. I LOVE the finished product, I think it turned out great and brings a little sense of home to my southern apartment.
Materials/Websites I Used:
- State Templates
- Heart Templates
- Michaels Black Frame
- Cardstock (3 pieces)
- Elmer’s Glue Stick